|  Home  |  News  |  City  |  Commerce  |  Schools  |  Ministries  |  Video  |  Audio  |  Arts  |  Craigslist  |  Centennial  | 


View My Douglas Map in a larger map
Douglas Chamber of Commerce Events (Website) (Submit Event)
My Douglas Commerce News

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Work on Interstate 10 bridge over State Route 90 scheduled this weekend

Arizona Department of Transportation

ADOT on Facebook  ADOT on Twitter  ADOT on YouTube  
 
Work on Interstate 10 bridge over State Route 90 scheduled this weekend
 
Motorists on eastbound I-10 and SR 90 will be detoured around the interchange project
 
Motorists traveling on Interstate 10 and State Route 90 near Benson will encounter full closures of both highways over the coming weekend as the Arizona Department of Transportation pours the deck for the new eastbound I-10 overpass bridge in western Cochise County.
 
Beginning at 6 p.m. Friday, Aug. 10, all eastbound I-10 traffic will exit at the SR 90 interchange (Exit 302) and return to I-10 on the other side of the bridge construction project. The closure will remain in effect until 6 a.m. Sunday, Aug.12, when the left lane of eastbound I-10 will reopen to traffic with a 45 mph posted speed limit.
 
The other lane of eastbound I-10 will open at 6 a.m. Monday, Aug. 13 and regular speed limits will resume.
 
State Route 90 will be closed to traffic in both directions at I-10 from 6 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 10, until 6 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 12. During this closure, the following detours will be in effect:
 
  • Westbound I-10 traffic wishing to access eastbound SR 90 will continue five miles to Mescal Road (Exit 297) and return to eastbound I-10.
 
  • Eastbound I-10 traffic wishing to access westbound SR 90 will continue two miles to Ocotillo Road (Exit 304) and return to westbound I-10.
 
  • SR 90 traffic wishing to enter westbound I-10 also will take eastbound I-10 to Ocotillo Road and return to westbound I-10.
 
ADOT advises drivers to proceed through the work zone with caution, slow down, and be alert for construction equipment and personnel.
ADOT works to inform the public about planned highway restrictions, but there is a possibility that unscheduled closures or restrictions may occur. Weather can also affect a project schedule. To stay up-to-date with the latest highway conditions around the state, visit the ADOT Traveler Information Center at www.az511.gov or call 5-1-1
 
For more information about this project, please visit www.azdot.gov/i10sr90ti, or contact C.T. Revere, Safford District Senior Community Relations Officer, at 520.705.3574 or crevere@azdot.gov. Local media should contact the ADOT Public Information Office at news@azdot.gov or 1.800.949.8057. Visit www.facebook.com/azdot or www.azdot.gov for more information about ADOT. For more information about ADOT projects and programs across Arizona see the agency's latest blog posts at http://adotblog.blogspot.com .
 
Please do not reply to this message – use the contact information above.
 

Sent on behalf of ADOT by GovDelivery, Inc. • 206 S. 17th Ave • Phoenix, AZ  85007 • 602.712.7355 Powered by GovDelivery

No comments:

Post a Comment